How to make Bhel Puri:
Some of the ingredients that’s used by the street vendors in India, serving Bhel Puri not being readily available in Los Angeles, I have substituted them with comparable ingredients and the result is as good as what you get on the streets of Kolkata or Bombay if not better. And it’s very easy to put together assuming you have made all the other components of making the Bhel Puri.
What makes the Bhel Pur amazing are the three sauces: Mint chutney, tamarind chutney, and raita. Check those recipes and make them ahead of time. If you have these sauces ready to go, serving Bhel Puri to one of your guests takes a couple of minute.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Serves 4
- Difficulty: easy
- Haldiram’s savory chanachur (AKA numkin): ½ cup
- Rice crispy (substitute for puffed rice): ½ cup
- Chopped onions, cucumber and serrano chili: 1 table spoon each
- Mint chutney: 1-2 tea spoon or to taste
- Tamarind chutney: 1-2 tea spoon or to taste
- Raita: 1-2 tea spoon or to taste